The World Squash Federation is integrating World, Regional and National Masters events into a WSF World Masters Tour (WMT), being in five year age bands from 35+ to 80+, to create an exciting unified structure for Masters Players.
- The published calendar with event contact listings will enable players to plan their competing from information all in one place.
- After reviewing movement of players between regions, if viable an accompanying WSF World Masters Rankings can be developed.
- National and Regional Federations will set their own general regulations but there are a number of general requirement listed here that must be adhered to for all events that wish to be part of WMT. These may change at the discretion of the WSF Masters Commission in the future.
Tier 1. WSF World Masters Championships.
Tier 2. Regional Open Championships. (It is hoped that each Region will run a Regional Masters Open annually or biennially)
Tier 3. Regional Closed and National Open Masters Championships.
National Event Registration
Registration will be accepted of the nationally titled Masters Open Championships of WSF Full Member National Federations, but where the region does have an authorised Masters Circuit in place only those events that form part of it will be eligible for WMT.
- The entry into WMT Registered events will be open to any player aged 35 years old plus on the start date, with the categories being in five year bands.
- Differing age groups may be registered separately if not held together, and it is not a requirement that all age groups are held and registered.
- WMT events will run throughout each calendar year. There are no specific breaks within the year.
- There will be no limitations on the number of WSF Masters Tour events that can be scheduled in any given week, except that the approval of any WSF National Federation events within a WSF Region must be given by that region when part of their Circuit if they have one, and all events subject to WMT approval to ensure Tour cohesiveness. WSF World Masters Tour events must be registered at least three months prior to the start of the event.
- Entry fees / package charges will be at the discretion of the promoter.
- There is no minimum prize money requirement.
- Any WSF Approved Ball (Double Dot), Par11 scoring and a 19” tin must be used for all matches. (Note: Dunlop is the WSF & Regional Adopted Ball and will be used for all World and Regional Events)
- All participants in all age categories of each event must have a current and active SPIN (Squash Personal Identification Number) throughout the period of the entered event.
- Every event must use a WSF Certified Software system to manage its’ entry and draws in order for SPINs to be verified and results sent in an appropriate format to be processed for ranking and records purposes.
- There will not be a fee payable for WMT event registration.
- The WMT logo will be provided for all events as will a listing on the WMT calendar (including entry information)
- There are no requirements or restrictions for WSF members or promoters with regards to draw size, event format, seeding, refereeing etc. for any WMT event, except that there must be finishing positions determined so that ranking points may be awarded if rankings are initiated.
All categories of events may be registered immediately, with the earliest start date of WMT events being 1st March 2019.